Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Chapter 46: Spinner of Cobwebs


Release date: August 2nd, 2003

Word count: 25,661  


Thoughts: The opening scene is so beautifully written and it pulls on your E&T heartstrings even if you aren't a shipper.

In my Breakfast 2.0 fanart I dressed Meilin in her Seijou middle school uniform but she's not attending classes while her leg is healing.

I love S&S telepathy so much. I hope that present-day Arc 4 Sakura will finally take down the walls and let Syaoran in again before the finale.

It's so odd with how Eron can openly joke about not sending out forces from the emotions category yet because S&S cause enough turmoil themselves. 

Hello, Nina! I wonder if she always was Sakura's relative or if that just something Wish-chan developed along the way. 

Wish-chan talked about her journalism internship in the updates so it's fun to see Miho's actual article included in this chapter instead of the key points being expressed through the text.

Sakura hiding Syaoran and Wolfie-chan under the covers when Touya comes in to check in her at 2 am will never not be funny.

Syaoran finally says that he loves Sakura! Too bad it was buried in his warning to Eron to stay away from her.
This chapter marks the first time Kai is revealed to be Miho's brother because Meilin reveals that the proof of Mikai's identity is the locket he always wears. In the next scene Sakura confessed that she knew Kai's identity to Syaoran and since he was shocked, I was wrong about him knowing all along. 

Anyone remember the T&C microplot where beads went missing but it was only because Takashi would make a bracelet for Chiharu in the next chapter? I did because that was Wish-chan's gift to be for maintaining her FF site since she knew how much I adored the couple.

And of course I chose the not hold on to any memories of Eron physically abusing Sakura. That was dark.

All right, we got another Sakura Card reading! I think this is the second one we've seen in NT. The Cards that were drawn are: The Mirror, The Illusion, The Create, The Twin, The Libra, The Dream and finally the mysterious force's counterpart which is The Phantom. Sounds like The Fantasy to me! But what force is it combined with?

Fanart spotlight: Finally, I get to feature Bubulona's work!! The Kai vs Mikai confrontation happened at the end of the chapter and it fits perfectly for the Pretence prompt in the 100 Themes Challenge. I've been very excited for this moment because Diana is such a precious member of the community because we all appreciate her fanart, fanfiction and deep knowledge of the G5 era. Her bubbly posts on FB and interesting contributions to the discussion on the Yahoo group allows our community to  thrive.

2 comments:

  1. ^_^ aaaww this made my day even more wonderful! Thank you! If it weren't for you and how friendly the community is I would have stayed hidden in the shadows.
    When I saw the drawing I was like "that looks familiar". Lol. I had totally forgotten that the confrontation happened in this chapter!
    Your breakfast drawing of Kai and Meilin is super cute. I like how happy they all look (Perro-chan is adorable).
    This was the 1st chapter to have Syaoran say that he loves Sakura?! :O It took him 46 chapters and how long will it take Sakura? ^)^
    I had forgotten about the beads! I sort of remembered there was something involving Chiharu and Takashi but would have never remembered the beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure to jump on the first opportunity that presented itself to feature your work! I really enjoy the fanart aspect of my blog and I'm glad that it's making people happy. I'm glad that it coincided with your NT projects comeback.

      I believe that it was only during Syaoran's deep reflection on the bridge that made him miss half a day of school (Ch 38: Identity Crisis) that he realized his true feelings. He still tried to pursue Sakura in Arc 2 but she was still burned from their Arc 1 conversation on the bridge. It's nice to hear him say it out loud even though I hate the fact that he can't do this at the end of Arc 3. Ugh, I am dreading to read that again but at least I know what I'm getting into.

      Delete