Saturday, January 18, 2020

Destined Love Revisted & CardCaptor Chronicles


Happy New Year 2020!

The last time I updated this blog was in mid-August when I just wrapped up Chapter 70: Eye of the Dragon. I was busily drawing my submissions for the 30 Days of New Trials 2019 fanart extravaganza and I was eagerly hoping for a chapter update to celebrate 20 years of New Trials. What happened instead was the threat of our Yahoo Group's history being lost forever and the gallant acts of kindness from some very special members who banded together to save it all. By the time the dust settled and we recovered from the experience, I thought it would be fun to pass the time with a 25 Days of NT Christmas fanart challenge.

Now that we're in the month of January, instead of picking up my NT re-read, I'm fulfilling a promise that I made over a year ago. Back in December 2018, KID-Z4P favourited my Takashi and Chiharu skit fanart. Hoping that this dA member was a fellow NT fan, I hopped onto his profile and was bowled over to see that he was actually my fan! He took my 2002 fanfic Destined Love to remastered it for deviantArt and repackaged it as CardCaptor Chronicles. I did say that I was going to re-read his version, but there was no way that I could do it without re-working my own. Destined Love v. 2.0 is being released on ArchiveOfOurOwn and I'm taking the time to clean up editing errors, getting rid of the overused trope of describing a character by their eye colour and aligning it more with canon by removing some of my more creative (wacky) ideas.

Fanart Spotlight: KID-Z4P is not only a writer but an artist too! The Star Alliance features all of my characters featured in the Destined Love series, including Kai, who I invented before discovering Mizuki Kai. His name was a literal mash-up of Ken and Tai from Digimon. This fanart makes me excited to see where KID-Z4P will be taking gang who I've written about in three fanfics 17 years ago as a 17 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment