Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Prologue


Release date: September 1999

Word count: 1386

Click for summary


Thoughts: After all of these years, it really never fails to astonish me that 13-year-old Wish-chan had so much brewing in her head and that despite the fact that it was written before CCS's conclusion, she was able to predict key plot points, such as Syaoran leaving Japan once the chaos was over. Picking up pretty much where the series end, New Trials is the closest thing in the fandom as a sequel and I am so grateful that it's in my life. 


Fanart spotlight: The Prophecy by Digidynasty is one of NT's first fanarts. Digidynasty was the one who took care of NT on FF for a while before I took over until Wish-chan started using it as her primary updated account. While there is tons of fanart of the prologue thanks to the amazing doujinshi out there, I thought the nostalgia route would be the way to go. 

4 comments:

  1. Agreed with you regarding how incredible and intricate this story is given it was conceived by a 13-year-old. AND of course, how wonderfully executed it is. I don't know about you, but I definitely see how Wish-chan's writing has evolved as the years passed. Love it all though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, my first comment! I was just scrolling through the list of my posts and I saw a '1' where I expected a '0'. Thanks for stopping by and YES, Wish-chan has improved leaps and bounds over the almost two decades of writing NT. Enjoy re-visiting NT!

      Delete
  2. I finally comment! I have to agree with you with pretty much everything. NT was one of, if not the first, fanfic I read and what drew me, besides the story, was how a 13-year-old could have come up with such a story. I had turned 13 about a month or two before I started reading and it was inspiring. 8 years later and I'm still enjoying and being amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you commented! Your support means the world to me. I'm really happy that you're enjoying the blog and having fun re-visiting NT too!

      Delete