Sunday, October 15, 2017

Chapter 11: Say Goodbye (To Yesterday)


Release Date: Summer 2000

Word count: 4268


Thoughts: I love how New Trials is peppered with super cute Takashi and Chiharu moments like in CCS. It's what made me fall for them then and it's what continues to make me lobe them to this day. The way Takashi invited Chiharu to the Winter Wonderland is so them! 

I don't even skate so I would be mortified if a field trip to the rink included competitive relay races. I completely forgot this scene existed. 

It's nice to see some good old fashion angst in Sakura towards Erika even if she does question herself about it. Yes, she does see the good in everyone, but it's fun to see her feeling jealous. 

First mention of there being sunshine after the rain! It's a theme that Wish-chan holds close to her. 

Syaoran telling Sakura that he no longer has special feelings for her still feels like a punch in the gut even though I've remembered how this scene went down since reading it in 2003. 

I had absolutely no recollection of the scene where Touya chases Sakura after she makes fun of how Kaho dumping him. It was pretty funny!

Fanart spotlight: Out of all of the fanart collected over the years, this is the only one without a credit. Posted on a NT gallery Geocities site or maybe shared in the Yahoo group, Sakura in the Park has always been anonymous. Because it's a direct fanart from the chapter (even if Sakura isn't in winter wear), I am highlighting it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment