Thursday, April 19, 2018

Chapter 39: Impulse


Release date: December 26th, 2001 

Word count: 10,747


Thoughts: “I’ll never let her go to a bastard like you, as long as she doesn’t tell me, ‘I hate every part of you Syaoran, and get the hell out of my life.’” ~ so much foreshadowing! Of course Syaoran left Sakura's life first, but still.

Syaoran and Eron make a deal to fight for Sakura equally and back off if she chooses the other. Why do I feel like this bet will somehow backfire?

This is where Wish-chan elaborates on the "level-something magicians", which I isolated as an Arc 3 appendix.  In CCS:CC, when Eriol was talking about the magician level that Kaito could belong to, it made me think of this. According to the definitions, I think Kai is a Level 3 Magician like Miho.

It's so different reading about Miho talking about her missing brother with Kai being right in the same room. Though we the readers found this out ages ago, it's still an extraordinary plot twist.

Signs of the times: Kai is listening to music on a Sony Discman. 

I love how Kai became the sound and light technician for Star-Crossed. I also love how Kai is still keeping tabs on Meilin through her bracelet. 

Sakura cuts her hand on a broken plate and Syaoran brings her palm to his lips. How could I have forgotten that?! The title's inspiration comes from this quote: “Well, if you don’t like Eron, then go out with me.” Why they couldn't be a couple from this point is beyond me but I'm sure there's a reason. 

Syaoran came up with a plan to feed Sakura a lot so it wouldn't seem like she lost weight while her family was gone. So for lunch he packed her fried shrimps, dumplings, fried rice, sausages, egg roll, and for desert, fresh cherries, vanilla pudding, a slice of pound cake, and a bagful of cookies for snack. This is where I would say that I want a Syaoran but my husband loves cooking and whips up tasty dishes for me too so during special occasions I'm just as spoiled.

Fanart spotlight: Arc 3 is so rich with fanart that this time around I'm only responsible for two chapters before moving on to Arc 4. I figured that Syaoran and Eron's bet would be easy enough to accomplish. I didn't have a pencil crayon to match the uniform colour so I improvised with dark blue and black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment