Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Chapter 49.75: New Trials Christmas Special


Release date: February 29th, 2004

Word count: 32.591


Thoughts: I still can't believe this chapter came out before Ch 48! When I was looking at my Chapter Release Date timeline I thought it was a mistake until I cross referenced the dates. 

It's Winter Wonderland time again! Do S&S go together? I really don't remember. I just remember their gifts. His failed attempts at asking her are pretty funny, though.

Wolfie-chan is making so many appearances in these last couple of chapters. I remember why. Things are going to get so dark after Ch 50.

Ahhh, this is the chapter with Sakura's Love-Love Action plan for E&T!! For the whole list, check out my annex!

Subaru's in this chapter too! He meets Nina and it's amusing to see these two brats meeting their match (haha, that's exactly what Miho said).

Wow, is this the first direct mention of Rika and Terada-sensei's relationship?! I never know how CCS authors would approach this. Personally, in my Destined Love series I broke them apart and in my Before They Remembered series I paired them together.

I'm going to take a moment to appreciate Syaoran holding Sakura's hand and announcing that he needs alone time with her to leave E&T alone. And then they continued holding hands!! There's not enough of that in NT or CC for that matter.

Oh, I forgot that Syaoran asked Sakura by stopping her from saying yes to Eron! At least he did it.

For a fluffy chapter, we have the twins' first real fight. Despite the contant "we'll never leave each others' side" there's foreshadowing about the schism between the Changs.

Kai going all the way to Hong Kong to ask Meilin to the dance was amazing!

It's cute that Miho was Aki's date for the Winter Wonderland. Too bad that didn't develop into something more. She would have done a great job in keeping his ego in check. 

Such a great chapter for hand holding! S&S do it again when they run away from the dance floor instead of dancing on it. But they do get to dance outside, which is something that I love seeing my OTPs do. 

I can't believe I forgot the entire amusement park plot in this chapter! The adventures were a lot of fun but my favourite part was Syaoran refusing to put Sakura down after their roller coaster escape. 

Fanart spotlight: The couples' watches that S&S give each other are probably my favourite gifts in NT and designing them with Paint was a lot of fun. I used to have interchangeable watch bands to match with my outfits but I never owned anything that elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment