Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Chapter 63: The Joining of the Circle


Release date: November 12th, 2009

Word count: 41,199 words

Click for summary

Thoughts: This is the last chapter where the summary is currently posted. I have nothing for Ch 64, but at least I have WIPs for Chapters 65 and 66. That's where the work will really begin. I'm going to have to change the title to "Amethyst Beloved's New Trials Summaries" to ease the confusion as much as I can since a lot of people have author's updates notifications. 

Originally this and Chapter 64 were supposed to be one chapter! I'm happy that the Christmas special got to stand alone and it got to be released during the holidays too.

Meilin's unfaltering trust in Kai came as a welcomed surprise. I completely forgot what followed after she found him with Jinyu's gun.

It's crazy that Shing was able to recognize that Kai was the Kaitou Magician. And yet the dark force is completely blinding him from the ultimate truth.

Eriol and Tomoyo were both holding the red ribbon when they were stowing her fashion show things away. I wonder if this could be foreshadowing.

Kai is the one wearing the Mizuki locket in this chapter. But didn't it go to Miho? There's got to be something that I forgot. Or maybe the exchange hasn't happened yet. Sometimes I just don't know what to make out of the conversations that he has with Kara. Each time they talk, even more questions arise.

Meilin suggests that Keisuke could still be alive because no body was uncovered. We're getting closer and closer to the reveal!

Fujishinto finally lets go of his pride and the dark force released him. Wish-chan explained that the reason why the Pride had to be sealed twice was because the Sakura without memories is not the same Sakura now that she remembers. Even Moonie-chan said, "I don’t think you will be able to seal the dark force unless you conquer that dark force yourself.” I almost didn't catch the fact that the Pride still wasn't sealed in this chapter.

The reveal that Nina was Fujishinto's daughter and thus Fujitaka's half-sister and Sakura's aunt is pretty hilarious.


I liked the way that Aki got to model at least one of Tomoyo's designs! And how cool was it to have long time fan Melanie make a cameo as a model named Malanie? After Melanie commented on how Chapter 62 was very true to life having modelled herself, Wish-chan asked her questions about her physical appearance. And here she is in Chapter 63! Support your fellow NT fan on YouTube!

Ahh, the scene with Shing, Sakura and Miho pointed to even more hints that Shing was Keisuke! That was clever of Wish-chan to have Miho tell her mom that she could no longer remember how her father looked like considering that any photos would have been burned in the fire. Miho confronting Shing was so emotional that I would have been bawling if ot wasn't for the fact I was on the bus.

I love re-reading Eron's scenes with the mysterious third voice now that I finally know her identity.

Erika and Mike's relationship was a real head scratcher from start to finish but at the very least Mike's last words to Erika that he wrote on the back of a photo was perfect for the Eternity prompt.

I adored the way Sakura sent out invitations to her associates to join the Alliance. It's such a wonderfully personal touch.

Tomoyo was at the brink of confessing to Eriol but she backed out at the last second. I guess that's why I thought she confessed only to have Eriol reject her because nothing came out of this conversation. No wonder there's still hope for those E&T shippers!

“Well, you have a pretty old soul yourself, Tomoyo-chan,” said Sakura. “I won’t be surprised if you’re the reincarnation of somebody really great.” ~ Please, please, please be the other half of Mika's reincarnation!

I truly love the formation of the Alliance of the Stars scene even if Syaoran and Kai aren't present. There's just something so epic in all of this -- not bad for a chapter that was posted a decade after the fic debuted. 

Fanart spotlight: It seems ironic to feature the one character who isn't part of Sakura's Circle considering the chapter title and all, but I interpreted Vanessa's fanart of this forlorn Syaoran as his reaction when Sakura told him that she always envisioned him as a member of her alliance but it didn't turn out to be the case. It wasn't until after she posted the fanart that I pinpointed this scene. I haven't featured a solo fanart of Syaoran since the beginning of Arc 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment