Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Chapter 64: A Christmas Miracle


Release date: December 25th, 2009

Word count: 44,938 words

Click for summary

Thoughts: It isn't often that New Trials time and the release date coincide but that was the case in December 2009. It's also matching real time for me because today's Christmas 2018!

I forgot that we get to meet Moeko-chan again! And I love how thrown off Sakura gets when the orphanage director calls Eron her boyfriend.

Is it ever revealed who was behind the Shirose Subaru Foundation? It sounds like such a Syaoran thing to do.

Awww, Sakura's dream/flashback of what prompted Syaoran to get her a mirror was so sweet. 

Erika complains about everyone leaving her and Syaoran talks about how she doesn't value the people who chose to be by her side. This is such a huge life lesson. Never take the people close to you for granted and always show appreciation.

I never realized how much Sakura and Leiyun resembled the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC Cinematic Universe. Sakura had been cultivating her bond with the alliance members for years while Leiyun is trying to catch up by making his own circle but with less success.

Who does Leiyun have in the Mizuki slot?? He told Kai that he wanted to add him as a thief to his group consisting of a betrayer, an assassin, the daughter of a criminal and a daemon possessed soul. Jinyu, Kara and Erika are self-explanatory. But who's the betrayer? Leiyun or Syaoran?


After Syaoran storms off, Leiyun told Kara that the Li Clan may abandon you but you can never run away from the Clan. With Syaoran becoming the next Great Elder that's so true!

While it's intriguing to get Kai and Kara scenes, I would still prefer getting some more Meilin and Kai moments. At least there's an epic kiss coming in a few chapters from now!

Syaoran's revelation about how he wasn't the only recipient of Sakura's handmade scarf after Kai said he received one too was almost as funny as the fact Syaoran only wore his scarf inside to keep it clean.

"Her friends had been surprised that Eron had never kissed her. It was only natural since they had been dating for several months now.Oh Sakura. If only you knew what could happen between a couple during that same span of time. And to think that Kai only assured Syaoran and they never went passed second date.

Where did Syaoran spend the night on Christmas Eve? I guess he was wandering about.

I wonder why Rika is constantly calling Terada, "Terada-sensei". She should be comfortable enough to call him Yoshiyuki by now even though on the other hand it's s sign of respect. I'm glad that it came up during their conversation. I think it's so sweet that they're willing to wait two years before becoming official. Wish-chan took CLAMP's canon and made it work.

Keisuke and Miara reuniting is one of the most beautiful scenes in New Trials. It always plasters a permanent smile on my face. 

I love that the picture that Mike took of Sakura gazing at Syaoran during the party in New York. It's nice to have a candid without the face being somber and expressionless. Wish-chan recreated this in a fanart, but I also love Sarah's version too. 

Can someone please explain "omoi" to me and how it relates to S&S? Is it something about not using the other person's name or something? S&S's conversation was so welcomed after all of that turbulence between them. 

Ever since I started Arc 4, I was able to post one blog post a week up until Chapter 63. Now that I'm writing the summaries on top of reading the chapter and jotting down my thoughts, the upload schedule is going to be unpredictable. So thanks in advance for stopping by from time to time to see my latest updates! 

Fanart spotlight: It's time to feature another artist for the first time on my blog. I was so happy when Katitdid posted this precious fanart and I knew from the start that I would be using S&S in the snow for this blog post. Even when they're at odds, these two will always find a way to fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment