Saturday, January 12, 2019

Chapter 65: Cohabitation Part Deux


Release date: April 1st, 2010

Word count: 43,677 words

Click for summary

Thoughts: I remember being so excited with the premise of S&S living together once more despite the fact that Syaoran isn't particularly Sakura's favourite person. 

When it comes to character growth in New Trials let's give a hand to Touya. Last year after the power transfer he told Syaoran that there was no more use for him and he had to leave Japan. Now he's inviting the guy to live under his roof!

Archeology talk with Fujitaka and Syaoran is so much fun since I actually did get to go to Xian and see the Terracotta Warriors myself during my honeymoon in August 2010. It was one of my favourite sites during my trip. 

This chapter marks the first time Syaoran shuts down Sakura's chatter about Eron-kun. It sure wouldn't be the last!!!

Everything that happens before Syaoran runs off is comedy gold. I love the image of Touya, Yukito, Syaoran and Kero-chan playing mahjong together. And I'm so happy that I cajoled Diana into sketching a sexy fresh-from-the-shower Syaoran for the "Mist" prompt of the 100 Themes project.

Honey milk was such a huge CCS trope back in the day. I can't believe Wish-chan waited this long to use it since that canon CLAMP side story.

"Not only that, onii-chan and Syaoran high-fived after the goal, which I thought was a lie, but here is an evidential photo taken by Yukito-san." ~ I want to draw that fanart.

There's a bunny hoodie selling on Amazon that's the perfect replica of the bunny hoodies that Tomoyo made for S&S. I'm tempted to buy it but I could never wear it in public without drawing attention. I might end up getting it just to wear at home, though.


Syaoran tells Sakura that the fancy hair comb that Eron got her didn't suit her but then in a few months from now Syaoran's going to give her the Rodarte star pin that's even fancier.

I love how every single transfer student has a connection with Sakura. Her wishing that it wasn't anyone related to the Li Clan, Clow Reed or the Dark Ones was futile. Interestingly enough, the transfer student in CCS: Clear Card didn't have any connections with the above and still managed to cause trouble.

Kaho and Touya joining forces to not only transfer Syaoran from Eitoukou to Mizuki-sensei's class really does show that they did indeed become good friends after all.

I usually love when S&S gets to coordinate their battle costumes but when Tomoyo revealed that she had a loincloth to complement Sakura's Egyptian-inspired costume, it was clear that Syaoran dodged a bullet.

It's wild how canon cards such as the Create, the Illusion and the Change can have a darker meaning now that they join the Transform and the Animate to make up the Soul Set. Syaoran calls them Dark Forces that can mimic life and that's downright creepy.

Sakura summoning and sealing the Forge is a testament of how much she's grown as a magician.

Syaoran talking about how the development of a warrior begins with learning technique and mimicking others before finding their own path and own style is exactly how my husband developed as composer. A swordsman and a musician are both artists.

I loved the getting ready for school scene so much that I asked Sebastian to draw a fanart of S&S's tie mix-up. The result was beyond adorable and it was the runner-up for this post's Fanart Spotlight.

Sakura telling Syaoran that he hurt her worse than Leiyun did is the cold hard truth that even she regretted saying.

When Eron discovered Syaoran, that was probably one of New Trials' most high intensity moments. I can't even imagine the fight that they would have gotten in if Touya didn't come home.

Fanart spotlight: Sakura fetching Syaoran from the cold was a real turning point in their new Arc 4 relationship. I'm so glad that Lemjane was inspired to draw The Fever. Syaoran has always been Sakura's protector so it's nice to see Sakura supporting Syaoran both literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment