Friday, September 1, 2017

Chapter 2: The Mysterious Past



Release Date: Fall/Winter 1999

Word count: 8242


Thoughts: This is the chapter that gives us information about what this new trial may be, but when you think about it, it's more of an old trial since it originates from the era of The Great Five. I like how at this point S&S's parents are just their parents. Later on the younger versions of Nadeshiko and Ryuuren with be full fledged characters thanks to the flashbacks. This is the chapter where Meilin comes back. I can't say that I'm a fan of her pursuit of Syaoran after all of her progress in putting her feelings aside, but if she loved him that much she must of felt that she owed herself a second shot. Don't worry Meilin, you'll find your special person!

Fanart spotlight: So Peaceful by Dragurok. I had an idea for the Answers prompt for the NT 100 Themes project and he was kind enough to whip it up. I love how peaceful Sakura looks.

2 comments:

  1. I remember doing my rereading and I think this may have been the first time where any connection/mention to the Great Five was made (might have to double check). I couldn't help but wonder just how long Wish-chan had to wait to add info of her OCs into the main story.
    Couldn't help but think this line had tons of foreshadow (maybe because we're already almost finishing):
    [Eron to Erika]
    “I apologize for not giving a warning first. However, I find it necessary to send out the weak servants out first. You want them to have a good fight with the more fearful ones, don’t you? Later, they’ll have to face those forces, ten times more powerful than the Objects. Will they be able to overcome misery, heartbreak, pain, anger and hate? I’m still testing their powers. I didn’t know the Wolf was so well-coordinated with the Cherry Blossom. Those two definitely know their game. They are experienced, and they, like us have only showed a portion of their powers.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish-chan plotted out so much of NT long before she started writing anything. You're right about how this is the first G5 mention but she had to sit on a lot of it until Ch 24: The Mirror of Truth when they had their proper introduction. Then we learn a bit more about their past and the Hayashi-Shulin-Landon love triangle in Chapter 45. I'm actually looking forward to the day when we can get more of the G5 story. I can't even remember the last time I read it.

      I noticed that mention of The Emotions as well! It happened again in a recent chapter that I read. We were warned that they were going to be ugly, but seeing them in action was unreal!

      Delete