Friday, September 22, 2017

Chapter 4: The Camping Trip





Release date: December 1999

Word count: 16.337

Click for summary

Thoughts: What I like about the whole camping trip idea is that such an excursion is indeed canon, as we saw in the Erase Card storyline. But then Wish-chan makes all of the trips to Mt Kumatori her own. Personally, camping is not for me but the students get a kick out of it.

Sakura returns a green sweater to Syoaran at the beginning of the chapter. When did she borrow it? Maybe when they were researching?

Naoko's stories about ghosts on Mt Kumatori is a lot eerier now that we know what happens after the G5's seal breaks.

With all of the NT drama, we sometimes forget that Wish-chan has a great sense of humour. The setting up the tents scene was funny!

Remember back in the day when I totally shipped Takashi and Chiharu? They were an adorable background couple with little drama and too much cuteness. Chiharu telling the person she likes why she likes him was adorable. Fun fact: I compiled all of NT's T&C moments in a word file in the early 2000s.

Syaoran not wanting to let go after he saved Sakura from the fallen tree branch was everything.

I wonder if the importance of calling people by their first names is still something that happens in anime. I've been out of the loop for a decade and a half probably. 

Though we all remember Sakura falling off the cliff in Arc 4, I completely forgot that she fell off a cliff during Ch 4 as well. 

There's just something so wonderful about Syaoran calling Sakura by her name for the first time. 

Wish-chan's precisely choreographed action scenes never fail to amaze me. It makes feel that we're right there in the moment.

This chapter is so emotional. I also forgot that it was the first S&S hug. 

“Well, don’t you go jumping off cliffs. I’m not going to risk my neck to save you again.” ~Syaoran. Heh heh heh…

I think the first real hit of nostalgia that I got so far was when Syaoran started the, "You know what I like about sunrises, Sakura" quote. Ahh, that's such a special moment.

Thirteen-year-old Wish-chan explaining that this is the end of the "Beginning" in the "Beginning, Rising Action, Climax, Falling Action, and the Resolution" formula and then questioning how long this story was going to be was such a hoot!

Fanart spotlight: I really like The Lesson by Saloni Khoja because it's an action pose rather than a portrait. Though she has always been good at sports, we never see Sakura take in interest in self defence since she relies on her magic instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment