Monday, February 5, 2018

Chapter 32: Believe Me When the Sun Rises


Release date: June 21st, 2001 

Word count: 12,892


Thoughts: The Phantom makes its first appearance when it tries to take over Syaoran's body. It's a scary dark force, but I think The Plague was worse.

Syaoran sets up a date with Sakura at a fancy Italian restaurant. I don't remember the outcome, but I have a sinking feeling that it's not going to happen. In comes the Kinomoto clan! Of course Syaoran dawdled behind to learn how to free Kaitou. 

I'm glad that Syaoran managed to make it even if he was an hour late.

This is the second time that I have no memory of an S&S almost kiss. He actually takes her in his arms arms and tells her that she's a special person to him when she remembered that cold day last winter and ran away. Fellow fans, can we blame Syaoran for simply catching Sakura off guard all three times he kisses her later on in the series? And of course there's that kiss that doesn't count…

The fact that Kaitou and Tomoyo were spying the whole time was hilarious. 

When Sakura is calling her grandfather out for stealing a Tanaka family heirloom, I don't think she realizes that it's Miho's family.

Sakura faces off with The Phantom after he possessed Tomoyo's father, but it turns out to be the first Dark Force that she is unable to seal the first time. 

Sakura used so much energy against The Phantom that The Shield broke. But then she and Syaoran escaped with The Fly and The Invisible. I don't think Sakura would have been able to have enough power but Wish-chan does get more conscious of that later on in the series. 

Arima giving S&S the key to her estate in Kusakou is something I remember clearly. S&S hijacking a police car shortly after to get to the train station-- not so much.

Sakura and Syaoran's first kiss was absolutely magical. Why they just didn't become a couple then and there is beyond me. Next kiss will be the Star-Crossed one!

Fanart spotlight: There was no question about it. S&S's First Kiss by Wish-chan is probably one of the sweetest fanarts in the fandom. Sunrises has been an important theme for them. Sakura is so pretty in her blue dress. I think that's the one she wore on her Italian dinner date with Syaoran.

4 comments:

  1. I remember little old 13-year-old me saying that I would not continue to read NT after SxS finally kissed, that I just needed them to kiss once and my life would be fine...LIES! I tell you! I was lying to myself. I'm soooo glad I didn't stop at this chapter because I would have felt an empty place in my life without NT and the community.

    One thing that surprised me in this chapter is that Sakura was mentioned to have a diary with her. When she did she have time to pack a diary for this Tokyo adventure?
    I had totally forgotten about the scene where Syaoran has to drive a car! Lol! It was a beautiful disaster!
    Best scene in the chapter: SxS's first kiss <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I'm glad that you went back on your word! Your presence in the fandom is such a gift and I can't imagine the fandom without you.

      There was a diary? Lol, bless New Trials for being so long that I can easily forget the most minute of details.

      Delete
    2. I can't believe it's been more than a year since I commented in your blog >_< but I am back.

      I will always thank you for sending that message on ff.net because without it I would have never entered the fandom being the scaredy-cat that I am.

      NT is really long ^_^ I can barely remember the regular details let alone the minute ones lol

      Delete
    3. Welcome back to my blog! It doesn't matter if it's been a year or two because I'm not going anywhere. I myself haven't picked up on my re-read since August but I'm waiting until the fic goes forward before I start going back. Plus I have my own Destined Love to keep me plenty busy!

      I'm so glad that I have the NT Summaries on the side because that really helps jog my memory when I need to reference something!

      Delete