Monday, May 13, 2019

Chapter 68: Regeneration


Chapter 68: Regeneration

Release date: April 1st, 2012

Word count: 44,301 words

Click for summary

Thoughts: Wish-chan dedicated this chapter to me in honour of me returning as a prodigal fan. I came back to the fandom following my whirl-wind romance where I met the man of my dreams, got engaged and then married in the span of a year and a half! 

This chapter marks the one year anniversary of Subaru's death. So much time has past since the end of Arc 3, but I can't help but mourn this fictional character every time I read about it. 

I forgot how many proposals there were in Arc 4. Eron to Sakura in Chapter 66, Arima to Asuma in Chapter 67 and now Kai to Meilin in Chapter 68!

I really like how Sakura's modelling job is foreshadowed with Syaoran knowing for a fact that her waitress salary wasn't enough to cover Touya's motorcycle repairs.

Syaoran is finding himself without magic the same way that Asuma is finding himself without defining himself as a jockey. I'm surprised that I never made this connection before!

It makes me a bit sad that Tomoyo's grandest day is when Sakura will get married. It makes my heart pang that she isn't thinking of her own happiness, but this is so in character for her to say.

Reading through the wedding prep is so much fun because it's nice to see each character bring their skill set to the table and it gives me a nice break from summarizing that part of the chapter!


Kara was asking Eriol how to open the Book of Clow, but Erika was able to use the Metal on Tomoyo anyway. I actually thought that Erika was using the Animate even though she did say she was using an elemental card. Later it was confirmed that the Metal was a Card that was sealed under the unstable power of the moon, which is why Erika had access to it.

Selenity created an absolute gorgeous fanart of Sakura's photoshoot outfit. So much attention of detail!

Syaoran's black dragon wings was such a surprise in this chapter! It must have been such a vision. Luckily Wish-chan drew a fanart based on a scene in a later chapter so we have an idea of what he looked like.

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about the fiasco where Syaoran and Eron were magnetically charged and stuck together for the night!

This chapter was timed perfectly with real life. One of my best friends got married on May the 4th. And yes, it was semi-Star Wars themed. 

Fanart spotlight: While Sakura probably won't get married in New Trials, I'm glad that Wish-chan had her wear Arima's dress. While Selenity did help finish Wish-chan's sketch, I do like this WIP because we get Syaoran's reaction as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment