Friday, November 10, 2017

Chapter 14: The Winter Wonderland


Release date: Summer or Fall 2000

Word count: 6570


Thoughts: The brief moment where Sakura and Erika bonded over annoying brothers was sweet.

Even though she split them apart, Wish-chan is such an S&S shipper. When Sakura gets smashed with the soccer ball, of course Syaoran will be the first at her side and then secretly heal her bruisings. 

Erika calls Eron out by saying he would use concealer and foundation before he'd let anyone see his flaws. Wish-chan did mention that Eron was metrosexual.

Not a fan of Syaoran and Erika's ongoing phone conversations. At least he shuts down the notion that he's her boyfriend. 

The "If you have a good idea of how to beat this thing, I’ll get you anything you want” bet is so sweet.

How Wish-chan managed to calculate the fact of throwing a combo of Windy and Maze at the nucleus would capture The Twister is beyond me. 

First mention of Aki-kun! He went from condescending joke to tertiary character with multiple appearances and a back story.

Fanart spotlight: This fanart wasn't drawn specifically for Chapter 14, but when Shiyae-chan said that it was inspired by Arc 1, I thought it would be fitting to represent the fight against The Twister. I love the way Sakura's hair is twirling! 

2 comments:

  1. I actually squealed at Aki's first appearance. I thought of how later on he reveals that he went to Tomoeda to start anew and be more like Mikai. He starts off so mean but he actually has become a character that makes me happy when he appears. I think he has grown up.
    In this chapter Eron calls Erika onee-san and she calls him onii-chan. I think this may be the first and last time he calls her that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aki started as a jerk but wormed his way in all of our hearts. I was just thinking about how it's too bad that he and Miho couldn't be an item.

      Ha, I never realized that about the Chang twins. I guess age plays a big factor. Sakura will only call Touya Onii-chan while Touya prefers Kaiju even though he calls her by her name too.

      Delete