Friday, November 17, 2017

Chapter 17: A Small World, After All


Release date:  Late Fall 2000

Word count: 7055


Thoughts: We get a reminder that Yue still hasn't woken up. I never remembered when it finally did happen!

When Wish-chan had the film executive ask Tomoyo how a young girl could develop such a complex plot, I quickly find myself asking Wish-chan the same question about NT!

Mike Kant makes his first cameo and Sakura's modelling hobby begins! I love how we get to see him again post-New York.

Eriol is back and Yue has reawakened, which explains the dash of foreshadowing in the beginning.

I always thought the Mike Kant Angels in NYC photoshoot was S&S's first time being in print. I did not remember the newspaper headline about the two spies at the airport at all!

Fanart spotlight: Wish-chan describes Shing's paintings with such detail during the trip to the exhibit that visualizing then is easy. Lucky for us, she even drew a fanart of one of them!

2 comments:

  1. Best line of the chapter:
    “I told him that he looks like a grandpa with glasses,” Miho stated, teasingly. “But, I couldn’t get him to cut his glossy hair off and spike it with gel. Don’t you think he would look cute that way?”

    They all imagined Eriol with spiked up hair and sweat-dropped.

    Eriol sighed, “I don’t know where you get your crazy ideas from.”


    Now my headcanon is that somehow Kai found that out and he only keeps his hair spiky because Miho thinks it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this time I was making fun of Wish-chan's Eriol-got-eye-surgery plot hole when I missed this hilarious connection. Great catch! And man, my blog posts used to be sooo short back in the day!!

      Delete